
Carol - Ever reliable capt'n Carol
First name: Carol
Affectionately called: Capt'n Carol or Coach Carol
Official Position: Coach
Paddling Age: 8 years
Paddling Goals: Increase my strength, reach, endurance; be part of a winning team
What She Likes Best About The Team: Getting a decent amount of exercise and enjoying it with a bunch of engaging people of a wide range of ages I would likely never have met otherwise
How Did She Get Into Paddling: I tried rowing but it wasn’t my thing. (Chia: I suppose Carol likes moving forward)
General words of wisdom for possible new paddlers: If it feels weird and uncomfortable at first, the discomfort wears off and it starts to feel normal after a few practices. If you keep showing up, not paddling starts to feel abnormal. Gradually you’ll build up your strength and endurance and you may even come to morph into a competitive paddler. It takes a while to get good at it but, like most physical endeavors, practice is key.
What People Are Saying About Carol You can take the girl out of California but you can't take California out of the girl
No comments:
Post a Comment